Collective Buying Power for Independent Furniture Retailers
When you’re a member of Furniture First, you are never alone. You’re networked with more than 235 retailer members with more than 500 stores in 47 states. Collectively, our members generate $3 billion in retail sales.
As a national buying group, Furniture First was founded to provide group volume advantages to independent home furnishings retailers through our services, member relationships, and 174 vendor partnerships.
- 100+ Manufacturer Rebate & Discount Programs
- 70+ Advertising & Service Programs
- Consumer Financing & Store-wide Buy Downs
- Private Label Mattress Program
- Performance Groups
- NextGen Training & Support
- Symposium Networking
- Geographically Exclusive by Representation
Our members are not in direct competition with each other.
- Members-Only Online Bulletin Board
- Merchandising Advice & Assistance
- Sales Tools
- 100% Control Over Your Store
- Much More
A Furniture First Membership Pays
Membership more than pays for itself when you actively buy into our Supplier Partner Programs and Services. And, you qualify for quarterly rebate checks.
The average member may spend $3.8 million for merchandise a year. If 50% is purchased through Furniture First Supplier Partners, then $1.9 million of costs would qualify for a rebate, typically 2%. After deducting quarterly dues and a small reinvestment allocation, the average member banks between a 200% -300% return on investment per year.
Average Member Example
$3.8 M – Cost of Goods
x 50% – Furniture First Supplier
$1.9 M – Eligible for Rebate
x 2% – Rebate
$38,000 – One-Year Rebate (gross)
Furniture First Member Awards
- 16 Members have been recognized as HFA Retailer of the since 2001
- Furniture Today Leadership Award Winners
- Furniture Today’s Next Conference Innovator Award Winners
- In 2014 the membership as a whole was named IHFRA’s Retail of the Year
- Inaugural Winner of Furniture Today’s Reader Rankings of “Best Buying Group 2021”